Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 1-1/4 pounds thinly sliced deli ham
- 9 slices Swiss cheese (about 6 ounces)
- 24 dill pickle slices
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 350°. Without separating rolls, cut each package of rolls in half horizontally; arrange bottom halves in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Layer with ham, cheese and pickles; replace top halves of rolls.
- In a microwave, melt butter; stir in onion and mustard. Drizzle over rolls. Bake, covered, 10 minutes. Uncover; bake until golden brown and heated through, 5-10 minutes longer.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 slider: 191 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 532mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Jun 27, 2019
These are DELICIOUS! I add cooked, shredded pork (not bbq) and RARELY do I have leftovers.
Mar 4, 2019
Easy and yummy!!! Note to miamari- the pickle slices and the topping distinguish these from being just "ham sandwiches". Thank you, Serene for a super recipe!
Mar 3, 2019
These are so GOOD! Made them for friends night everyone raved about how good they were. Instead of using pickle slices I used dill relish that I wanted to use up( easy to spread). Family now loves these now too!
Mar 2, 2019
These sandwiches are great. I have served them frequently and they are always gone. I have added a little horseradish sauce spread on the inside of the buns.
Mar 2, 2019
These Cuban sliders are SO good!!! Perfect food for a game or party.
Apr 22, 2018
Really yummy and easy. Made exactly like recipe, but without the pickles.
Mar 25, 2018
I was skeptical, but these were great! I didn’t have Dijon mustard and had to substitute with some stone ground instead. We aren’t fond of Swiss, so we used Havarti. My family made sure I saved this recipe, and I plan to make these often. Thanks for a terrific recipe!
Mar 4, 2018
I made these sliders for an appetizer at a friend's house. First time making and I used onion powder instead of raw onions as some other readers did. Also- I brushed the butter mixture on and I was surprised that these were not greasy or soggy at all!! WOW. These were delicious and my friends couldn't stop eating them!! Super EASY! Not expensive to make and I will definitely make these again. This is going to become my 'signature' appetizer when invited out or if having friends over. YUM.
Mar 3, 2018
Why pour butter, chopped onions and mustard on the buns? That just makes finger food messy! It makes no sense!
Feb 14, 2018
I made these yesterday for a Fat Tuesday snackfest @ work. I made 24 (like the recipe calls for)- set them out about 9:30, they were gone within 2 hours! The top snackers ate 5 each. Everyone wants me to make them again, so I'm definitely hanging onto this recipe! Thank you!