Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 1-1/4 pounds thinly sliced deli ham
- 9 slices Swiss cheese (about 6 ounces)
- 24 dill pickle slices
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 350°. Without separating rolls, cut each package of rolls in half horizontally; arrange bottom halves in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Layer with ham, cheese and pickles; replace top halves of rolls.
- In a microwave, melt butter; stir in onion and mustard. Drizzle over rolls. Bake, covered, 10 minutes. Uncover; bake until golden brown and heated through, 5-10 minutes longer.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 slider: 191 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 532mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 11, 2020
I couldn't find hawaiian rolls so just used dinner rolls. oh my gosh these were so delicious. I will make again and again even though I'm not a fan of them cold!!!!!! Definitely on the menu for a party!!!
Dec 3, 2019
These are so addictive! I was skeptical about the pickle, but I tried it and am so glad I did! The only thing I've changed is making it with dried onion, instead of fresh. Keeper, keeper, keeper!
Sep 14, 2019
Florida here. These should have been called Sort-of-Cubans. Real Cubanos have sliced mojo/roasted pork in addition to the ham. The mustard is spread on the inner top layer of the bun, and the sandwich is hot-pressed so that the top gets nice and crusty. There are NO onions in a Cuban. You have a nice hot ham-and-cheese sandwich, but it's not a Cuban.
Jun 27, 2019
These are DELICIOUS! I add cooked, shredded pork (not bbq) and RARELY do I have leftovers.
Mar 4, 2019
Easy and yummy!!! Note to miamari- the pickle slices and the topping distinguish these from being just "ham sandwiches". Thank you, Serene for a super recipe!
Mar 3, 2019
These are so GOOD! Made them for friends night everyone raved about how good they were. Instead of using pickle slices I used dill relish that I wanted to use up( easy to spread). Family now loves these now too!
Mar 2, 2019
These sandwiches are great. I have served them frequently and they are always gone. I have added a little horseradish sauce spread on the inside of the buns.
Mar 2, 2019
These Cuban sliders are SO good!!! Perfect food for a game or party.
Apr 22, 2018
Really yummy and easy. Made exactly like recipe, but without the pickles.
Mar 25, 2018
I was skeptical, but these were great! I didn’t have Dijon mustard and had to substitute with some stone ground instead. We aren’t fond of Swiss, so we used Havarti. My family made sure I saved this recipe, and I plan to make these often. Thanks for a terrific recipe!