Cuban Breakfast Sandwiches
Grab hold of breakfast time by serving these warm, energy-boosting sandwiches. The hearty helping of protein will help keep hunger at bay, and they travel well for hectic mornings. —Lacie Griffin, Austin, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) Cuban or French bread
- 4 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 16 pieces thinly sliced hard salami
- 8 slices deli ham
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- Split bread in half lengthwise; cut into four pieces. Fry eggs in a large non-stick skillet coated with cooking spray until yolks are set. Layer bread bottoms with salami, ham, egg and cheese; replace tops.
- Cook on a panini maker or indoor grill for 2 minutes or until bread is browned and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 697 calories, 29g fat (12g saturated fat), 280mg cholesterol, 1949mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 43g protein.
Originally published as Pressed Breakfast Cuban Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious December/January 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.