Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches
On busy mornings, these freezer breakfast sandwiches save the day. A hearty combo of eggs, Canadian bacon and cheese will keep you fueled through lunchtime and beyond. —Christine Rukavena, Taste of Home Senior Editor
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 12 large eggs
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 English muffins, split
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 12 slices Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 12 slices Canadian bacon
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper until blended. Pour into a 13x9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, toast English muffins (or bake at at 325° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned). Spread 1 tsp. butter on each muffin bottom.
- Cut eggs into 12 portions. Layer muffin bottoms with an egg portion, a cheese slice (tearing cheese to fit) and Canadian bacon. Replace muffin tops. Wrap sandwiches in foil; freeze in a freezer container.
- To use frozen sandwiches: Remove foil. Wrap sandwich in a paper towel and microwave at 50% power until thawed, 1-2 minutes. Turn sandwich over; microwave at 100% power until hot and a thermometer reads at least 160°, 30-60 seconds. Let stand 2 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 334 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 219mg cholesterol, 759mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.