Lemonade Ice Cream Sandwiches
"I came up with these refreshing freezer treats as a variation on an ice cream pie recipe," writes Jeanne McCorkle of Livermore, California. "With the individual portions, you can take out just what you need at one time."
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1-3/4 teaspoons Crystal Light lemonade drink mix
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 8 whole graham crackers, halved
- Place the ice cream in a bowl. Dissolve lemonade mix in water; stir into ice cream. Fold in whipped topping. Freeze for 20 minutes or until mixture reaches desired consistency.
- Spread about 3 tablespoonfuls onto eight graham cracker halves; top with remaining crackers. Wrap individually in foil or plastic wrap. Freeze for at least 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 106 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 106mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Lemonade Ice Cream Sandwiches in Light & Tasty June/July 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.