S’more Ice Cream Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + freezing
- Brownie for Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 4 cups chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Prepare, bake and cool Brownie for Ice Cream Sandwiches according to recipe directions. Cut brownie in half widthwise.
- Spread ice cream over one brownie half. Spread marshmallow creme over remaining brownie; place over ice cream, marshmallow side down. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- Cut into bars, squares or desired shapes. Dip sides of ice cream sandwiches in graham cracker crumbs. Wrap in plastic. Freeze until serving.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 17, 2010
Will I make it again? Maybe. This is a very messy to make dessert and does not come out looking like the picture at all. If I make it again (and I will make IC Sammys for sure) I will NOT soften the ice cream. I will make a double batch of brownie in a 13 x 9 pan lined with parchment. Cool and remove from pan - spread with marshmallow before dealing with the ice cream. Reline the pan and bake second batch of brownie. Cool IN THE PAN, NOT soften the ice cream but remove whole from the box (cut the box away from the ice cream) cut it with a sharp knife and place on top of the brownie in the pan, then top with with marshmallow cream top layer, put the whole thing into the freezer to get hard and THEN cut it, wrap and place back into the freezer. It seems like a little more work but (OK maybe a LOT more work) but the end result will be a lot prettier to serve. Why did I say maybe to making it again? It is SOOOOO RICH that my family couldn't eat the little serving that they received. TOO too sweet.
May 28, 2009
This is an awesome dessert! The kids love to make it.