S’more Sandwich Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 20 squares)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 24 to 28 large marshmallows
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° until golden brown, 8-10 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Place 4 cookies bottom side up on a microwave-safe plate; top each with a marshmallow. Microwave, uncovered, on high until marshmallows begin to puff, 10-15 seconds (do not overcook). Top each with another cookie. Repeat.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with an 850-watt microwave.
This recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich cookie: 221 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 145mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 13, 2020
Basically just be prepared for these disappearing rather quickly. I'm not personally a fan of S'mores but I actually ate a couple of the cookies plain and loved them that way. My mom preferred them that way as well, though she forced herself to eat them once done. I actually made them for our neighbor who loves anything S'mores but she, my mother, brother and daughter all absolutely loved them finished and as a plain cookie. So next time I am making a full plain batch as well for my daughter and her school friends. Wonderful recipe.
Jun 14, 2019
I made these last weekend for a camping trip where we couldn't have a campfire, and they were AMAZING! Everyone loved them. I will definitely make them again. The only thing I did differently, was melt the marshmallows under the broiler, rather than microwave. PERFECT!
Feb 11, 2018
These cookies are delicious! I guess I must have made mine a bit on the small side, because when I did the marshmallow step, it was way too much -- the marshmallow oozed everywhere. For the rest of the cookies, I cut the marshmallows in half and that was the perfect amount to look like the photo. It was still a bit challenging, because the cookies were curved, so would tilt, and the top cookie would keep sliding off the bottom cookie. But with supervision/fixing as they cooled, they all wound up looking pretty good. I used a box of graham cracker crumbs (Keebler) which saved a lot of time.
Oct 22, 2017
I made them for my team and they loved them
Jun 1, 2017
No changes except to broil the cookies to brown the marshmallows rather than microwave. Tastes like summer!
May 31, 2017
My kids adored these cookies. They were just perfect. I will definitely make them again.
Jan 26, 2017
OH wow! These were so good! I broiled the marshmallows as suggested in a previous review. I only made the amount of sandwich cookies I needed at the time. I froze the remaining cookies to use at a later time.
Oct 25, 2016
I always get rave reviews from these cookies. The football team requests them. I cut my large marshmallows in half. Once I added pieces of Hersey bars between the layers. Yum!
Jun 2, 2016
My sons loved these cookies...will make them again. I also used the oven instead of the microwave, worked great.
Aug 25, 2015
These cookies have been a hit with my boys since I first made them. I've used Golden Graham cereal like another reviewer and my boys like the graham flavor more in them. We also put a bit of chocolate frosting on one cookie before sandwiching with the marshmallow.