Caramel-Coffee Ice Cream Sandwiches
Coffee lends grown-up appeal to this sweet combo of caramel, chocolate and ice cream from our Test Kitchen. The special-tasting dessert will leave your taste buds wide awake and wanting more!
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min. + freezing
- Brownie for Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 4 cups dulce de leche ice cream, softened
- Chocolate-covered coffee beans, chopped
- Prepare batter for Brownie for Ice Cream Sandwiches; stir in coffee granules. Bake and cool according to recipe directions. Cut brownie in half widthwise. Spread ice cream over one brownie half. Turn over remaining brownie half; place over ice cream. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- Cut into bars, squares or desired shapes. Dip sides of ice cream sandwiches in coffee beans. Wrap in plastic; freeze on a baking sheet until serving.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Nestle La Lechera dulce de leche; look for it in the international foods section. If using Eagle Brand dulce de leche (caramel flavored sauce), thicken according to package directions before using.
Originally published as Caramel Coffee Ice Cream Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious July/August 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.