Snickerdoodle Ice Cream Sandwich Minis
My husband absolutely loves ice cream sandwiches and snickerdoodles, so I combined them into one fun treat. Here’s how we build this cool dessert. —Heather Pilon, Winslow, Maine
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + freezing Bake: 10 min. + cooling
Makesabout 16 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a bowl, beat butter and 3/4 cup sugar until blended. Beat in egg. In another bowl, whisk flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, cinnamon and remaining sugar until blended. Shape rounded tablespoons of dough into 1-in. balls; roll in brown sugar mixture. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 7-9 minutes or until set and edges are lightly browned. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Using a small scoop, place 2 tablespoons ice cream on bottom of a cookie; top with a second cookie, pressing gently to flatten ice cream. Wrap in plastic and freeze. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Freeze sandwiches overnight.
Nutrition Facts1 ice cream sandwich: 182 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 122mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Snickerdoodle Ice Cream Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious December/January 2016