Snickerdoodle Ice Cream Sandwich Minis
My husband absolutely loves ice cream sandwiches and snickerdoodles, so I combined them into one fun treat. Here’s how we build this cool dessert. —Heather Pilon, Winslow, Maine
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + freezing Bake: 10 min. + cooling
Makesabout 16 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a bowl, beat butter and 3/4 cup sugar until blended. Beat in egg. In another bowl, whisk flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, cinnamon and remaining sugar until blended. Shape rounded tablespoons of dough into 1-in. balls; roll in brown sugar mixture. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 7-9 minutes or until set and edges are lightly browned. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Using a small scoop, place 2 tablespoons ice cream on bottom of a cookie; top with a second cookie, pressing gently to flatten ice cream. Wrap in plastic and freeze. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Freeze sandwiches overnight.
Nutrition Facts1 ice cream sandwich: 182 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 122mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Snickerdoodle Ice Cream Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious December/January 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.