Snickerdoodle Blondie Bars
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and eggs, 1 at a time. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, spices and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Spread into a greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- Mix topping ingredients; sprinkle over top. Bake until set and golden brown, 35-40 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 235 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 180mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 8, 2017
These are delicious! I used a 9x13 pan and mixed a whole bag of cinnamon chips in the batter. 25 minutes worked in my oven. The pan is nearly cleared out 24 hours later!
Feb 28, 2017
I think the 'test kitchen' needs to change the recipe to the way it was submitted. I used a 9x13 pan and couldn't imagine using a smaller pan, these were perfect. I did have to bake closer to 30mins but I think that's because I didn't smooth it completely so one side was a bit thicker.
Nov 20, 2016
My husband's favorite cookie is the snickerdoodle. He thinks these bars are just as good as the cookies.
Oct 7, 2016
Delicious and very easy. Used a 9x13 pan and baked 25 minutes. Moist with a great crumb. Cut into 16 pieces, could easily cut into 32.
Sep 10, 2016
Amazing and so much easier to make than snickerdoodle cookies. I did what another reviewer did and used a 13x9" pan and baked for 25 minutes. YUMMY!!!!
Aug 21, 2016
Wish I had read all the reviews before making! These have a great flavor, but the main recipe needs to be changed to reflect baking in a larger pan. Mine sunk in the middle...as I was putting the batter in the pan I thought to myself there was too much batter and it was too thick for such a small pan.
Aug 19, 2016
Fantastic! I too used a 9x13 pan and baked for 25 minutes, they came out perfect. I'm addicted!
Aug 8, 2016
Delicious bars that our whole family enjoyed. I doubled the recipe and baked them in a 9x13 pan and they were just right--a nice substantial bar that made a nice impression.
Nov 11, 2015
Delicious! I mixed dark and light brown sugar and they were so yummy! Hubby and kid approved. I am not great at baking and this was super easy. Will definitely make again.
Apr 7, 2015
I'm a stickler on making recipes as written the first time I make them, but I saw the comment from the author saying that the original recipe used a 9x13 pan. So I used that and baked for 25 min. Wonderful! Not incredibly moist, but not dry either. I'm not even a big snickerdoodle fan, and I can't stop eating these.