Cheeseburger Mini Muffins
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the ketchup, milk, butter, eggs and mustard; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the beef mixture and cheese.
- Fill greased miniature muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 425° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts2 each: 121 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 267mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Jun 6, 2018
It sounded good. I tried it. It's easy.I also though it a bit bland.i should've read other comments before making.
Dec 9, 2017
Make these all the time and love them. I add more meat, more spices and add mayo. My husband's not a big fan, but he eats them. The kids like them too. You could add whatever you want though and they are super for on the go. Thank you!
Oct 26, 2017
Disappointing. They seemed to be lacking something. Perhaps if they had more meat.
May 28, 2017
Not as good as I expected. These were more like ketchup muffins than cheeseburger muffins. Not a do over for our family.
Jan 27, 2017
Hi - I just found this recipe and plan on making it tomorrow, but I only have the regular size in muffin tins. I think that filling them 1/2 full, and baking at 350 for 45 minutes would be about right, but I'm not sure. any input would be appreciated. Please disregard this post, as I reread the recipe, I discovered my answer.
Jan 27, 2017
This recipe went directly in the trash. It is so bland and dense. What a waste of time and food!
Dec 8, 2015
I had to have something to bring to a Cub scout potluck supper. The boys & their parents couldn't get enough of them. Everyone asked me for the recipe. They are great for school lunches as well.
Feb 20, 2015
I made the recipe as called for but my husband does'nt like cheese so I left it out. I thought they were delicious. I also made regular size cupcake. Next time I will add more ground beef.
Feb 19, 2015
These are delicious, providing you use the right kind of ground beef. They taste amazing with raw pickles and tomatoes and condiments on top! One thing though: Opt for the grass-fed ground beef. Do not get the cheap ground chuck, it will make these taste gross.
Jan 27, 2015
I made these exactly as written. When I finished filling the 48th mini muffin using a small scoop, I added a tablespoon or more of sriracha to the mix and filled about 9 regular sized muffins. The mini muffins were good, but the regular size ones that I added the sriracha to were awesome. I'm going to put them in the freezer and pull them out for the Super Bowl. DH said they tasted like cheeseburgers. I can see why others might add more beef, but I thought they were just fine as written for an appetizer.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.