BBQ Meat Loaf Minis
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) stuffing mix
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons hickory smoke-flavored barbecue sauce
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Additional hickory smoke-flavored barbecue sauce, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine stuffing mix, water and 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Press 1/3 cup mixture into each of 12 ungreased muffin cups.
- Bake, uncovered, 18-22 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Sprinkle tops with cheese; bake 2-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. If desired, serve with additional barbecue sauce.
- Freeze option: Securely wrap and freeze cooled meat loaf in foil. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Place meat loaves on a greased shallow baking pan. Bake in a preheated 350° oven until heated through. Top with cheese as directed.
Nutrition Facts2 mini meat loaves: 330 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 668mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.
Apr 14, 2020
I followed the directions and we did not care for these at all. I will not be making again.
Apr 11, 2018
I followed the directions as is and my family thought this recipe is terrible. There was no flavor and it was really mushy. I will not be making it again..
Sep 16, 2016
Easy, versatile recipe! Since I didn't have stuffing mix, I substituted a mixture of Italian bread crumbs and panko and used one egg instead of the water. I used about 1 1/2 pounds of ground beef, so I increased the barbecue sauce to about 1/2 cup. I also added finely chopped onion, and a bit of ketchup and kosher salt. Everyone loved them!
Sep 1, 2016
Good and easy to make on a busy weekday night.
Sep 1, 2016
I have made these many times. I like them because they really stretch out pound of ground beef. I always serve them with a mixed vegetable casserole. Very tasty.
Aug 12, 2016
These are really tasty and easy. One thing that appeals to me is the ability to add/subtract ingredients. For instance, my husband loves jalapenos so his little meat loaves get them, diced finely. I love onions, so mine get extra. I did cut back on the cheese though since neither of us care for it that much.
May 5, 2016
This was yummy and really easy to make. Very quick, too! The stuffing added just the right amount of seasoning. Next time I would definitely generously grease the muffin tin cups ahead of time. I found they were hard to get out of the tins after they were done. My picky kids loved these.!
Sep 11, 2015
This was inedible. The stuffing mix didn't go well in the recipe. Threw all of them away!
Jun 14, 2015
This was easy enough for my 9 year old to make. Wonderful recipe, the whole family loves it!
Jun 12, 2015
kids can't get enough of this (and neither can my husband)