Mini Sausage Pies
The simple ingredients and family-friendly flavor of these little sausage cups make them a go-to dinner favorite. And everyone gets their own pies—which makes them even better! —Kerry Dingwall, Ponte Vedra, Florida
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 pound bulk sage pork sausage
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 375°. On a lightly floured surface, unfold pastry sheets; roll each into a 16x12-in. rectangle. Using a floured cutter, cut twelve 4-in. circles from one sheet; press onto bottoms and up sides of ungreased muffin cups. Using a floured cutter, cut twelve 3-1/2-in. circles from remaining sheet.
- Mix sausage, green onions, apricots and spices lightly but thoroughly. Place 1/4 cup mixture into each pastry cup. Brush edges of smaller pastry circles with egg; place over pies, pressing edges to seal. Brush with egg. Cut slits in top.
- Bake until golden brown and a thermometer inserted in filling reads 160°, 30-35 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Freeze option: Cool baked pies and freeze in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw pies in refrigerator overnight. Reheat on a baking sheet in a preheated 350° oven until heated through, 14-17 minutes.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts2 mini pies: 551 calories, 36g fat (10g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 784mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 16g protein.
Originally published as Mini Sausage Pies in Simple & Delicious August/September 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.