Mini Key Lime and Coconut Pies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup Key lime juice
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- Slice cookie dough into 18 pieces. With floured fingers, press onto the bottom and 1/2-in. up the sides of 18 greased muffin cups. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the milk, lime juice, egg yolks and lime zest. Spoon into hot crusts. Bake 7-9 minutes longer or until filling is set. Cool completely in pans on wire racks. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Just before serving, in a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add the confectioners' sugar and extracts; beat until soft peaks form. Remove pies from muffin cups. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with coconut.
Nutrition Facts1 pie: 231 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 120mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 5, 2016
The real deal!! I made a full size pie, not changing any amounts. I used a pre-made graham cracker crust. The filling is simply the 14 oz. condensed milk, 3 egg yolks and 1/2 cup key lime juice. Blend it smooth and pour into crust. Bake 350 for 15 min and chill. Proceed with the whipped topping as directed in recipe! You'll feel a little ray of Florida sunshine in every bite!
Jan 31, 2015
The filling on this is nice, certainly not 5 star rating but not bad at all. Which is why I'm giving this a 3 rather a 2. The use of the store bought cookie dough is what absolutely kills it. It gives it a horrible horrible taste. So much so I've tossed this batch. Do yourself a favor and take an extra 30 minutes to make your own shortbread.
Jul 15, 2014
i haven't tried these yet, but they look delish! does anyone know if they freeze well?
Apr 27, 2014
These are so tasty and so easy to make!
Apr 22, 2014
Aug 25, 2013