Marshmallow-Almond Key Lime Pie
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon grated Key lime peel
- 1/2 cup Key lime juice
- Dash salt
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1-3/4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place flour, brown sugar and 1/2 cup almonds in a food processor; process until almonds are finely chopped. Add melted butter and honey; process until crumbly. Press onto bottom and up sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat 5 ounces cream cheese, milk, lime peel, lime juice and salt until blended. Add egg yolk; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust. Bake 15-20 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, place marshmallows and butter in a small heavy saucepan; cook and stir over medium-low heat until melted. Transfer to a large bowl; beat in remaining cream cheese until blended. Beat in cream. Refrigerate, covered, until cold.
- Beat chilled marshmallow mixture until light and fluffy. Spread over pie; sprinkle with remaining almonds. Refrigerate until serving.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 587 calories, 35g fat (18g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 235mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 13, 2018
I live in Florida and have had Key West key lime pie many times. This recipe is better than those stodgy, eggy-tasting pies. The crust on this is perfect. This pie is on my "favorites" list.
May 24, 2018
I Love this pie! You won't need any other Key Lime pie recipes.
Oct 8, 2017
Very good and easy!
Apr 3, 2017
When I tasted this the day I made it, I thought it was terrible. But the next day (refrigerated 24 hours) it was wonderful! This dessert needs to be refrigerated at least a full 24 hours before eating a bite. It really is almost more like cheese cake if the filling is baked a little too long.
Jul 23, 2016
The filling in this keylime pie is wonderful; however, as a preference, I used a homemade shortbread butter crust and homemade whipped cream on top. It was perfect!
Oct 11, 2015
This sounds absolutely yummy.came across it while looking for certain cheesecake recipe. Can this be made into a cheesecake ?
Sep 21, 2014
This pie is amazing. I have made it twice now. Better than anything you can get even at fine restaurants.
May 18, 2014
This is the 3rd time my son has requested this pie in just a couple months. It is very flavorful and a wonderful spin on Key-Lime Pie. I will be making this many more times to come!
Sep 17, 2013
This was an excellent spin on key lime pie. No, it's not like the original key lime pie, but was delicious just the same. The person who says none of the key lime pie recipes on this site taste like key lime pie must not be using the same ingredients I do! Thank you for this recipe. P.S. My family all agreed I should share this recipe in our church cookbook, which I have.
Jul 8, 2013
HORRIBLE! Didin't even taste like a key lime pie! None of the key lime recipes on this site do!