Petite Sausage Quiches
You won't be able to eat just one of these mini quiches. Filled with savory sausage, Swiss cheese and a dash of cayenne, the mouthwatering morsels will disappear fast from the breakfast or buffet table. —Dawn Stitt, Hesperia, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 ounces bulk Italian sausage
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°. Beat butter, cream cheese and flour until smooth. Shape tablespoonfuls of dough into 36 balls; press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and crumble. Sprinkle sausage, Swiss cheese and chives into muffin cups. Beat egg, cream, salt and pepper until blended; pour into shells.
- Bake until browned, 28-30 minutes (for a browner bottom crust, bake on a lower rack). Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 quiche: 100 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 95mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
May 9, 2020
How many eggs are suppose to be used? I tried this and 1 seems unreasonable.
Dec 14, 2011
I got this recipe in the magazine several years ago and have made it many times. It's easy and always a hit!