Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean) or ground beef
- 40 mini buns, split
- 8 ounces process American cheese slices, cut into 1-1/2-inch squares, optional
- 40 dill pickle slices, optional
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter. Transfer to large bowl; add egg and seasonings. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Spread over bottom halves of the buns; replace tops. Place on baking sheets; cover with foil.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. If desired, place a cheese square and pickle on each hamburger; replace tops and foil and return to the oven for 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 106 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 180mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 4, 2014
Feb 6, 2012
I love the small size and the flavor of these little treasures is AMAZING!!! Plus, they're super quick to throw together, then bake!
Jun 7, 2010
the recipe was wrong. You put foil down in the bottom of your cookie sheet. spread the meat mixture then place the cooked onions then the pickle. the split buns go on next . cover with foil. bake 350 for 25 min. remove from the oven. and cut between the buns. remove the top buns and slide the turner under the meat and flip the meat and roll over and place cheese. it will melt without reheating. set out mustard,ketchup and tomatos. i worked at white castle i know how its done.
Nov 6, 2009
My husband loved it but, I had the same problem with my buns getting greasy.