Mini Burgers with the Works
I started preparing these mini burgers several years ago as a creative way to use up bread crusts accumulating in my freezer. They're delicious. —Linda Lane, Bennington, Vermont
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 pound ground beef
- 3 slices American cheese
- 4 slices white bread (heels of loaf recommended)
- 2 tablespoons prepared Thousand Island salad dressing
- 2 pearl onions, thinly sliced
- 4 baby dill pickles, thinly sliced
- 3 cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Shape beef into twelve 1-in. patties. Place on a microwave-safe plate lined with paper towels. Cover with another paper towel; microwave on high for 1 minute until meat is no longer pink. Cut each slice of cheese into fourths; set aside.
- Using a 1-in. round cookie cutter, cut out 6 circles from each slice of bread. Spread half the bread circles with dressing. Layer with burgers, cheese, onions, pickles and tomatoes. Top with remaining bread circles; secure with toothpicks.