Mini Chicken & Biscuit Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Optional toppings: cranberry chutney, lettuce leaves, sliced tomato and red onion
- Bake biscuits according to package directions. Meanwhile, cut chicken crosswise in half. Pound with a meat mallet to 1/4-in. thickness. Sprinkle with salt, thyme and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and butter over medium-high heat. Add chicken in batches; cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Split biscuits in half; top with chicken and toppings as desired. Replace tops.
Nutrition Facts2 mini sandwiches (calculated without optional toppings): 367 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 1029mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein.
Jun 26, 2017
I thought the chicken and biscuits were good. I didn't have cranberry chutney (although that would have been great) but I had cherry jam. I felt like the sandwich really needed the extra flavor so I improvised with what I had. It may sound weird but it was really good. Also, I didn't have canned biscuits, so I used frozen biscuits which worked great.
Jun 21, 2015
My husband loves these sandwiches. I could only find mango chutney at the time and used that. It was yummy. The kids weren't too thrilled about the chutney, though, so I left that off of theirs.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.