Mini Party Burgers
We love finger foods in the South. For a party, I make mini burgers in advance, then wrap, bake and serve them with assorted sauces. —Monica Flatford, Knoxville, Tennessee
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 4 slices Havarti cheese (about 4 ounces), quartered
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place beef in a small bowl; sprinkle with dressing mix and mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into eight 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook burgers over medium heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk egg with water. On a lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry; roll into a 12-in. square. Cut pastry into four 6-in. squares; cut squares in half to make eight rectangles. Place a burger on one end of each rectangle; top with cheese. Brush edges of pastry with egg mixture. Fold pastry over burger to enclose; press edges with a fork to seal.
- Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Brush tops with egg mixture. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 271 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 488mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Mini Party Burgers in Taste of Home February/March 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.