Mini BLT Appetizers
Five simple ingredients are all you need to wow friends and family with a tasty appetizer. I love to make these as much as I love to share them. —Nick Berg, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 30 cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves, torn into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup salad croutons, broken into pieces
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Coarsely ground pepper
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out and discard pulp; invert tomatoes on paper towels to drain. Pipe mayonnaise into tomatoes.
- Roll lettuce pieces and insert into tomato centers. Repeat with croutons and bacon. Sprinkle with pepper. Cover and refrigerate up to 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 27 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 55mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as BLT Bites in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2013
May 14, 2015
I added some other seasonings for a little more flavor and served immediately so that the taste of the tomato was best at room temp. I thought they were easy, healthy and pretty.
May 14, 2015
Not worth the time. Tasteless.