The Perfect Hamburger
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Sliced tomato, onion, pickles and condiments, optional
- In a large bowl, combine egg and seasonings. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four 3/4-in.-thick patties.
- Grill, covered, on a greased grill rack over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve on buns, with toppings as desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 321 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 758mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 12, 2018
Jul 4, 2013
Mar 8, 2013
These were so awesome, I didn't add the horseradish though. The chili sauce gave it such a spicy sweet flavour, and broiling them worked great!
Nov 12, 2010
These were really good. I was a little wary about the horseradish sauce, but they turned out great.
Jul 25, 2010
I use this recipe for many cookouts. Everyone constantly raves about these hamburgers. The only changes I make is I use 3 pounds hamburger but only double the rest of the ingredients. Also I add 1 teaspoon of liquid smoke. Fantastic!
Jun 20, 2010
This combination sounds wonderful! I have used horseradish in my hamburgers quite often, but not with the chili sauce. TO SUNGOLD ~~~ Horseradish goes with any meat!! As a disclaimer, DO NOT put it in your infant's formula!! I'm sure the only spices you use are salt and pepper!!
Jun 17, 2010
I have not tried this burger but the ingredients sound like they would go good together. My comment is, generally speaking, if you add a small amt. of brown sugar to your burger mix, it tastes very good.
Aug 22, 2009
Too spicy for me and the kids. My husband said they were okay.
Jul 19, 2009
Delicious is all is all I can say!!
Jul 7, 2008
Re: The Perfect HamburgerI plan to try this recipe this weekend with only one change. I will try replacing the chili sauce with BBQ sauce. Hope it works out or I'll be in for some "not so good" reviews from those whom I will be using as "guinea pigs".