Good Ol’ Burger
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 slices onion
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Grill buns over medium heat, cut side down, 30-60 seconds or until toasted. Serve burgers on buns with lettuce, tomato and onion.
Nutrition Facts1 burger: 364 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 349mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein.
May 23, 2014
This a delicious, zesty burger recipe. I agree with the previous reviewer, that the consistency is runny. However, they hold together well when you cook them. I followed the recipe exactly the first time I made them. The second time I prepared them, I didn't have any beef broth or red wine on hand. I added 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar and 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce, which was a tasty substitution.
May 4, 2014
Pretty good. I was nervous because the meat mixture seemed so loose but they cooked up nicely. Will be making again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.