This recipe is a unique and lighter way to enjoy an American summer staple. You can also make the dressing with ranch dressing, 1 tablespoon of yellow mustard and 1 tablespoon of ketchup. —Laurie Rogerson, Ellington, Connecticut
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 1 medium cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped dill pickles
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Crushed potato chips, optional
- In a small bowl, combine beef, salt and pepper, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Meanwhile, whisk salad dressing and ketchup. In a large bowl, toss lettuces with half the dressing mixture; divide among four plates. Top with burger, cucumber, tomato, pickles, onion and cheese. Serve with remaining dressing. Top with potato chips if desired.
Nutrition Facts2 cups salad mixture with 2 tablespoons dressing: 374 calories, 21g fat (8g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 1099mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein.
Originally published as Cheeseburger Salad in Taste of Home Summer 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.