Total TimePrep: 25 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 1 medium cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped dill pickles
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Crushed potato chips, optional
- In a small bowl, combine beef, salt and pepper, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Meanwhile, whisk salad dressing and ketchup. In a large bowl, toss lettuces with half the dressing mixture; divide among four plates. Top with burger, cucumber, tomato, pickles, onion and cheese. Serve with remaining dressing. Top with potato chips if desired.
Nutrition Facts2 cups salad mixture with 2 tablespoons dressing: 374 calories, 21g fat (8g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 1099mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein.
Oct 6, 2018
I've actually made these twice, once indoors on a grill pan on top of the stove because a thunderstorm rolled through at dinner time, and once on the outdoor grill. I used the variation on the dressing, which was using 1 tablespoon each of ketchup and mustard along with the ranch. So good! Filling, but not heavy. Next time, I'd melted the cheese on the burger and add some chopped crispy bacon. You can never go wrong with bacon!
Sep 28, 2018
This is a perfect main-dish salad. I'm honestly not that big of a salad person. I generally like heartier salads made of grains or pasta (what can I say, I love carbs!). However, adding a burger and all the fixins to chopped lettuce?! Game changing! The only thing I did differently was use bbq sauce rather than ketchup in the dressing. I will definitely make this salad again!
May 29, 2018
This was awesome! Everyone in my family enjoyed it. Will definitely be making it again :)