California Burger Bowls
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 4 cups baby kale salad blend
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fresh pineapple (1/2 inch)
- 1 medium mango, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 4 tomatillos, husks removed, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat chipotle mayonnaise
- In a large bowl, mix milk, oats and seasonings. Add turkey; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Place burgers on an oiled grill rack over medium heat. Grill, covered, until a thermometer reads 165°, 4-5 minutes per side. Serve over salad blend, along with remaining ingredients.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 390 calories, 19g fat (4g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 666mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 7g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fruit, 2-1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 20, 2018
Left out the oatmeal and milk to make it grain-free. My family absolutely loved these!
Sep 3, 2017
My husband was skeptical about fruit with his hamburger, but these were a big hit! I forgot the chipotle mayonnaise so I mixed some chipotle chili powder into light ranch dressing and it was also delicious.