California Pasta Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 pound thin spaghetti, broken into 1-inch pieces
- 3 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cook pasta according to package directions; Drain and rinse in cold water. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the vegetables and olives.
- In a large bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over spaghetti mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 257 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 567mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 20, 2019
Very easy and crowd pleasing.
Jun 23, 2018
I made this for a company BBQ and everyone loved it! I'm not fond of bottled dressings, so I substituted 1-1/2 cups white balsamic vinegar and 1/2 cup olive oil, as well as 1 tsp. salt and I doubled the garlic powder. I spiral cut the zucchini for an interesting look. I will be making this again, for sure :)
Jun 21, 2018
I used only 1/2 bottle of dressing to start. I waited till the next day to add a little more to see how much was absorbed by the pasta. I did add 1 tea of garlic salt to the dressing mixture.
Apr 8, 2018
Great, classic pasta salad for a potluck. It does need some tweaking on seasonings. I like to add a bit of garlic and or onion salt.
Mar 24, 2018
Begging to be personally tweaked ,one whole-bottled dressing ? Is too much
Aug 19, 2017
I've made this pasta ?? dish twice now an it's a big hit !'
Jun 20, 2017
I made this without the olives and added more fresh grated parm. This is a really tasty spaghetti salad. Has a little more flavor than the standard. Also, I found the poppy seeds unnecessary. They didn't add any flavor. I'm going to make this again for the next potluck. Easy to double or cut in half.
Sep 24, 2016
This pasta salad was so fresh tasting. I love make ahead recipes. I made grilled chicken to go with it. Everyone loved it.
Aug 19, 2016
Made this exactly as written and took it to a potluck luncheon. It was disappointing to say the least! It was soggy and tasteless. It didn't look particularly appetizing, people took small portions and I sadly noticed a fair amount left on plates to be dumped in the garbage. My usual offerings have always been popular at potlucks. Can't say I was impressed.
Jul 19, 2016