California Green Salad
This salad truly represents my state, since avocados and almonds are grown in such abundance here. I originated this recipe many years ago, and it's often requested by family and friends. It's a winner at our house!
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 large head romaine, torn into pieces
- 1 avocado, diced
- 4 green onions with tops, sliced
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Dash seasoned salt
- Whisk dressing ingredients; cover and refrigerate. Just before serving, toss together romaine, avocado, onions, almonds and blue cheese in a large salad bowl. Sprinkle with seasoned salt. Whisk the dressing and pour the over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately.