California Green Salad
This salad truly represents my state, since avocados and almonds are grown in such abundance here. I originated this recipe many years ago, and it's often requested by family and friends. It's a winner at our house!
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 large head romaine, torn into pieces
- 1 avocado, diced
- 4 green onions with tops, sliced
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Dash seasoned salt
- Whisk dressing ingredients; cover and refrigerate. Just before serving, toss together romaine, avocado, onions, almonds and blue cheese in a large salad bowl. Sprinkle with seasoned salt. Whisk the dressing and pour the over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 272 calories, 27g fat (4g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 203mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as California Green Salad in Country Extra January 1992
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.