Fiesta Beef Bowls
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 8-1/2 hours
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless beef top round steak
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 6 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 6 tablespoons guacamole
- Place round steak in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, garlic and seasonings; pour over steak. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat from slow cooker. Add beans to tomato mixture. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until beans are heated through. When cool enough to handle, slice meat. In individual bowls, layer the rice, meat and bean mixture. Top with cheese, olives, onions and guacamole.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 460 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 720mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 9g fiber), 38g protein.
Jul 18, 2015
Love! It's so easy and delicious! I have tweaked it to make it my own by using black beans & pinto and replaced pepper with fajita seasoning. The rice is also good with some cilantro & lime.
Jan 27, 2015
I've made the several times. Super easy. Fantastic taste!
Feb 21, 2013
I ended up making this on the stove top with thin sliced round steak and it was still delicious even without the rice!
Dec 15, 2012
I love this! Great for football games
Aug 13, 2012
The sauce part was very good but the meat was horribly dry which seems impossible with the amount of liquid in there. I even used top sirloin. Maybe boneless chicken breast would be better.
Jul 26, 2012
This is SO tasty and delicious. It's one of our absolute favorites. I will be making this for years and years.
May 28, 2012
Wow, it surprised me that this had decent spiciness. It must have been from the tomatoes. Anyway, we loved it. I bought whole wheat tortillas to put the mixture in because I was tired of rice dishes. We had to drain off some of the broth, so I was surprised when I read the previous review stating theirs was dry.
Nov 10, 2011
The meat was SO dry and I followed the recipe verbatim! Good concept though.
Sep 26, 2011
Great way to use up the round steak in our freezer. Delicious, easy, and fast to throw together. I used black beans instead of pinto beans. Had over hot rice one night, in tortillas the next. Family loved it.
Feb 24, 2011
The whole family loves this recipe. I have to double the recipe so we can have leftovers for lunch. Very easy to make which is a plus. We have Chipotle in our area and they have a dish that is called Burrito Bol just like this.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.