Fiesta Beef & Noodle Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3-1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed nacho cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 cup mild salsa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in condensed soup, salsa, water and taco seasoning.
- Drain noodles; stir into skillet and heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from heat. Let stand, covered, 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Freeze option: Freeze cooled noodle mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 353 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 727mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Jan 25, 2018
Good concept but too many changes to increase recipe size for normal portion size and give it a major flavor boost and 1 cup of cheese is a tease. Like I said good concept but be prepared to use your imagine...Foot note; Don't ever measure cheese. Go by eyesight and figure you have to at least double the amount.
Dec 20, 2017
Quick and easy! My picky eaters gobbled it right up, and it took me minutes after a busy day of work to make. It’s cold and grey outside, and this is the perfect comfort food for nights like this.
Dec 3, 2015
This dish is delicious and a family favorite. It definitely needed more taco seasoning than the recipe called for. I always make it as a double batch and add at least a package of taco seasoning to it. YUM!!
Feb 5, 2015
This recipe was delicious in my whole entire family loved it and ate all of it up. The only thing I did different was used a whole package of taco seasoning Instead of the 1 teaspoon. I will be doubling the recipe next time so I have some to freeze because it was so quick and easy to put together and with 6 serving recipe it was not enough.
Jan 18, 2015
Just not memorable. Very average family night dinner.
Nov 13, 2014
What a great recipe! Easy to prepare and very flexible if more heat is desired. A keeper
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.