Chili Beef Noodle Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) egg noodles
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, celery and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Add the tomatoes, chili powder, salt and pepper. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Drain noodles; stir into beef mixture and heat through. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 344 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 351mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein.
Oct 21, 2019
First, I agree with slocooker805. If you are going take the time to chop up onion and celery, then keep that flavor . Instead, use a lean ground beef...85 to 90 % and keep those juices. For 1 thing, it is jot ALL fat. Some of it is water. BUT if you do want to drain off. Cook the beef 1st, till not quite done, then drain SOME or most of those drippings. Push the beef off to the outer edges of the pan. Add celery ,onion, onion,garlic and chili powder. I add in at least 1 t. Of Cumin and some garlic powder. Then saute for a few minutes befor stirring in the beef. The tomato part needed ALOT of help. Try (1 ) 14 to 15 oz can Rotel tomatoes [ the Original Rotel is spicy hot. The Mild is bland and tasteless. The one with Lime and Cilantro is medium....(no , you cannot taste any cilantro..) For the other 14 to 15 oz of tomatoes, try using Salsa. We serve fresh cilantro and lime on the side, as well as include some in with the skilket. With enough tweaks, this recipe could be really good. BUT, over all, it needed a fair amount of help to get there.
May 9, 2018
If you're going to drain the beef after cooking it then cook the celery, onion and garlic separately. Why drain off the flavor of the celery, onion and garlic with the beef fat? I have never understood that.
Sep 30, 2017
This a good and quick dinner to get on the table. I used diced tomatoes with green chilies to give the dish a bit more kick.
May 11, 2017
This was easy and quick to make but for our family it lacked flavor. I even added sliced olives at the end to try and spice it up. My son and I ended up topping with Siracha sauce at the table. Sorry but it just wasn't for us.
Apr 6, 2014
Made this with 2 diced chicken breasts and half green pepper diced as my husband prefers this to ground beef and celery. Was very tasty. A make again.
Oct 1, 2013
Very good but much like other recipes I have.
Aug 19, 2009
Have made this several times and it's very easy and delicious. I serve it with a salad and garlic bread sticks. It's a keeper