Ground Beef Zucchini Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the corn, tomatoes, zucchini, mushrooms, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until heated through and zucchini is tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 213 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 585mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein.
Mar 29, 2015
It thought it needed something. I like the idea of adding pasta and cheese or even spaghetti sauce. I did add cheese to the left over and it helped. If I make it again I'll add the pasta and some spaghetti sauce. It's worth a second try but it will be a while before that happens.
Jan 15, 2015
We add pasta and mozzarella cheese and it is a complete meal. My family loves it.
Mar 19, 2014
We made this with fresh mushrooms versus canned mushrooms. We also added a fresh jalapeno. We left out the salt and did not miss it flavor wise. My husband thought that there was a little too much oregano and pepper. This is good when you have grown way to many zucchini.
Nov 20, 2013
I felt it was missing something. It reminded me of the filling for stuffed peppers, so I added some rice and spaghetti sauce. It is food and got eaten. I would not keep this recipe.
Aug 7, 2013
I found this recipe because I had some zucchini and mushrooms headed south, but hate to waste anything. We really liked it. Though I cut the recipe in half, we had enough for seconds, in which we seldom indulge. That speaks for how much we liked the recipe.
Nov 2, 2011
This is very good-have made it many times. I substitute approximate equivalents of diced onions and fresh sliced mushrooms. We like the leftovers on pasta.
Aug 11, 2010
Family enjoyed it with the bread sticks and I really liked all the vegetables in it.
Jul 28, 2010
Easy recipe. Husband and son loved it.
Jul 9, 2010
This is one of our very favorites! I use lean ground turkey and add a yellow summer squash. When in season, I sub eggplant for the mushrooms.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.