- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3-1/4 cups uncooked medium egg noodles (about 6 ounces)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large skillet, cook beef with green pepper and onion over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes; crumble beef; drain.
- Stir in noodles, tomatoes, water, chili sauce, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until noodles are tender, 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently. Top with bacon.
1-1/2 cups: 409 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 756mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein.