- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 package (10 ounces) corn tortillas (6 inches), torn into pieces
- In a skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, enchilada sauce, olives and salt. Cover and simmer about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine 1 cup cheddar cheese, cottage cheese and egg. Set aside. Spread one-third of the meat mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Cover with half of the tortillas; spread with half of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers with remaining ingredients, ending with the meat mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.
1 each: 352 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 918mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 23g protein.