Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 6 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, sliced ripe olives and sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine beans and salsa. Cover and microwave for 1-2 minutes or until spreadable.
- Place three tortillas in a greased round 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Layer with half of the beef, bean mixture, corn and cheese; repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with lettuce, tomatoes, olives and sour cream if desired.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 546 calories, 25g fat (13g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 1368mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 5g fiber), 37g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 17, 2016
I would have rather had tacos.
Apr 7, 2015
Better with corn tortillas!
Dec 31, 2014
Very good. I did add green chiles and sliced black olives. It was quite spicy for me, but my husband really liked it. I will be making this again. Thanks for a good recipe!
Jan 24, 2014
Jan 10, 2014
My husband said that this was his favorite Mexican dish. I added black beans because I love them. It was delicious!
Aug 9, 2013
Loved this recipe! I made it with ground chicken and it was great! I also used fresh medium salsa and it was great flavor.
May 13, 2013
My entire family loved it. Even my daughter who doesn't like things mixed together.
Apr 2, 2013
It was good, but a little dry to me. Maybe I did something wrong. My husband and son loved it.
Mar 6, 2013
We loved it ! We just used a whole pkg ( 2 1/4 lbs) of ground chuck. That seemed to work ok for us. Delicious !
Feb 19, 2013
Loved how easy this was. Hubby likes it which is always a plus. I made it healthy by substituting fat free refried bean, low fat mozzarella. I used spicy taco seasoning.