Ground Beef Taco Dip
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning, divided
- 1 container (16 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef over medium heat until no longer pink, 4-6 minutes; drain. Add water and one envelope taco seasoning; cook until thickened. Cool slightly.
- Beat sour cream, cream cheese and remaining taco seasoning until blended. Spread in a 3-qt. dish; add ground beef. Top with lettuce, cheddar, tomatoes, pepper and olives.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 116 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 378mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 28, 2018
Last night , I made this recipe for my office pot-luck. It was a big hit for my co-workers. Very delicious and very easy to make it. I used hot and spicy taco seasoning envelop to the ground beef mix and for cheese mix, I add mild taco seasoning envelop and pinch of cayenne pepper. Thanks for sharing this recipe.........
Oct 30, 2016
Easy and delicious. I substituted one fresh jalapeno pepper in lieu of a green bell pepper. Good for a large crowd.
Sep 6, 2016
So good and uses plenty of pantry staples! Easy to make and put together and it was a cleaned out dish! Will make this again and again!
Aug 27, 2016
This was really good and made for a pretty presentation. Because of the sodium in two packets of taco seasoning mix, I am going to buy low sodium tortilla chips next time or buy low sodium taco seasoning...I found it to be a tad too salty with regular tortilla chips, but my husband thought it was just fine. lol It was even good cold the next day!
Aug 22, 2016
I made this for my daughter's birthday picnic. It was gone before it left the kitchen counter. Everyone loved it.