Ground Beef Taco Dip
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning, divided
- 1 container (16 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef over medium heat until no longer pink, 4-6 minutes; drain. Add water and one envelope taco seasoning; cook until thickened. Cool slightly.
- Beat sour cream, cream cheese and remaining taco seasoning until blended. Spread in a 3-qt. dish; add ground beef. Top with lettuce, cheddar, tomatoes, pepper and olives.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 116 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 378mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.
Mar 28, 2018
Last night , I made this recipe for my office pot-luck. It was a big hit for my co-workers. Very delicious and very easy to make it. I used hot and spicy taco seasoning envelop to the ground beef mix and for cheese mix, I add mild taco seasoning envelop and pinch of cayenne pepper. Thanks for sharing this recipe.........
Oct 30, 2016
Easy and delicious. I substituted one fresh jalapeno pepper in lieu of a green bell pepper. Good for a large crowd.
Sep 6, 2016
So good and uses plenty of pantry staples! Easy to make and put together and it was a cleaned out dish! Will make this again and again!
Aug 27, 2016
This was really good and made for a pretty presentation. Because of the sodium in two packets of taco seasoning mix, I am going to buy low sodium tortilla chips next time or buy low sodium taco seasoning...I found it to be a tad too salty with regular tortilla chips, but my husband thought it was just fine. lol It was even good cold the next day!
Aug 22, 2016
I made this for my daughter's birthday picnic. It was gone before it left the kitchen counter. Everyone loved it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.