Turkey Taco Dip
I created this zippy snack when I had a craving for tacos, but didn't want all the fat and calories that go along with them. It's quick to fix and uses ingredients I usually have on hand. I served this appetizer at a bridal shower, and the bride liked it so much she asked me to make it for her wedding reception! -Liz Adcock, Rayville, Louisiana
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- 3/4 cup picante sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips
- In a skillet, cook turkey over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add taco seasoning and water; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Spoon turkey onto a 12-in. serving plate or pizza pan. In a bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add sour cream; spread over the meat mixture. Spread with picante sauce. Top with lettuce, tomato and cheese. Serve with tortilla chips.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 135 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 569mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Turkey Taco Dip in Quick Cooking May/June 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.