Turkey Mole Tacos
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- 2 ounces 53% cacao dark baking chocolate, chopped
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup lightly salted mixed nuts, coarsely chopped
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the turkey, celery, green onions and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, red peppers, chocolate, chili powder, cumin, salt and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat; stir in nuts. Place about 1/3 cup filling on each tortilla. Freeze option: Freeze cooled meat mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts2 tacos: 369 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 612mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 6g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 15, 2015
Delicious and easy to make. I substituted half a chopped red bell pepper for the jar of sweet peppers. We garnished ours with no-mayo cole slaw. Yum!
Jun 21, 2014
These tacos are absolutely delicious. So unusual and yet very easy.
May 1, 2012
this was absolutely fantastic - loved the texture of the crunchy nuts and the subtlety of the chocolate. I added a little garlic powder and jalapeno powder, plus topped them with homemade pico and guac, but otherwise no changes. definitely will make it again!