- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound Velveeta, cubed
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder, optional
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Tortilla or corn chips
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the cheese, tomato sauce, green chiles, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder if desired and garlic powder; cook and stir over medium heat until cheese is melted. Transfer to a fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with chips.
1/4 cup (calculated without chips): 147 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 461mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 11g protein.