Chili con Queso Dip
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder, optional
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Tortilla or corn chips
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the cheese, tomato sauce, green chilies, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder if desired and garlic powder; cook and stir over medium heat until cheese is melted. Transfer to a fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with chips.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup (calculated without chips): 147 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 461mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 11g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 28, 2011
My family Really liked this recipe. I added some cummin and a small amount of grated pepper jack. It was really rich, so you can't eat lots. For this reason, and the fact that it's easy, it makes a great appetizer.