Buffalo-Style Chicken Chili Dip
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 3 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 3 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Crumbled blue cheese and tortilla chips
- In a Dutch oven, saute the celery, onion, carrot and garlic in butter until tender. Remove and set aside. In the same pan, cook chicken in oil until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the broth, beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, hot sauce, paprika, bay leaf, salt, pepper and vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Discard bay leaf.
- Serve desired amount of dip; sprinkle with cheese and serve with chips. Cool remaining dip; transfer to freezer containers. Cover and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen dip: Thaw in the refrigerator. Place in a saucepan; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese and serve with chips.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup (calculated without cheese and chips): 64 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 192mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Sep 12, 2017
I have made this several times and it is always delicious. I normally use ground turkey in place of the chicken, because it is easier to find, but I have also made this with shredded chicken breast. We have it as a meal, with Scoops. We have also shared it with company and everyone has loved it and requested it again.The smoked paprika really makes a difference, as opposed to regular paprika from the grocery store. I buy the smoked online and it lasts a long time. If I don't have that, I have used ground chipotle and it was also delicious, but hotter.
Dec 16, 2013
We liked it. It is not a thick dip.
Feb 20, 2012
Tons of work and not good enough to share with company
Jan 27, 2012
WOW! Great for dinner, too. Freeze a few family portions for those cold nights.