Spicy Chili Dip
With chili powder, red pepper flakes and picante sauce, this dip has plenty of kick! I like to take it to parties and never have to worry about bringing home leftovers. —Joan Kittler, Western Springs, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
Makesabout 5 cups
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 cups picante sauce
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Fresh vegetables and corn or tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Beat in the onion, garlic, chili powder and pepper flakes. Stir in picante sauce and mozzarella cheese. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Serve with vegetables and chips.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 56 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 77mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Spicy Chili Dip in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2003