- 4 large tomatoes
- 8 green onions
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chiles
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 6 tablespoons cider or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped, optional
- Tortilla chips
- Chop tomatoes and onions into 1/4-in. pieces; place in a large bowl. Stir in the next 5 ingredients. Add jalapeno if desired. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve with tortilla chips.
1/4 cup: 25 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 65mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.