Ground Beef Macaroni Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + standing
- 1 package (7 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) Italian tomato sauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce; heat through.
- Drain macaroni; transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the egg, soup, milk, butter and parsley; pour over macaroni. Spoon beef mixture over top; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 357 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 721mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 29, 2017
I am not sure why this recipe has so many positive reviews. I followed the recipe the letter. This is blah and bland! Save your ground beef, save your can of soup, save yourself and make something else.
Nov 20, 2014
My grandsons won't eat anything with pieces of onion so I blend the onion with tomato sauce before adding to the dish. Very good after school, cold day dish.
Jul 25, 2014
You can be sure I'll be making again and again for my husband and myself. I do not salt anything so will leave out. Definitely will add garlic powder along with onion. YUM!
Nov 9, 2013
Good but not a lot of flavor. Definately needs a garlic roll. Will make again but use a pizza sauce for the tomato sauce. I cut the recipe in half and would serve more than the four suggested.
Jun 30, 2013
I didn't have the exact ingredients on hand, so I prepared this dish with unsalted butter, 1% milk and unsalted tomato sauce. I added about a 1/2 tsp additional salt to the beef mixture. Also used a sprinkle of dried parsley instead of fresh. I thought it was very good!
Mar 23, 2013
really great cold weather day quick and tasty meal just add a salad and you are set
Nov 30, 2012
This was just ok. A lot like Mac n cheese with beef. Easy to make though, and definitely edible, just not fantastic.
Oct 1, 2012
Great casserole - the whole family loved it!!!Will definitely make again and again.....
Sep 27, 2012
Strange! Odd combo of ingredients. Hubby did not like.
Jan 3, 2012
After convincing my VERY picky 5 yr old to try it. He Liked it and finished his plate. Very kid friendly.