Southwest Kielbasa Bowls
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups uncooked instant brown rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked turkey kielbasa, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups fresh salsa
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- Fresh cilantro leaves, optional
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add kielbasa; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until browned. Stir in beans and salsa. Divide rice among four bowls. Top with kielbasa mixture, onion and, if desired, cilantro.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 454 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 1192mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 7g fiber), 26g protein.
Mar 26, 2018
My husband and I did not think we would like this, but it is surprisingly good for so few ingredients. Makes a healthy, quick supper.
Apr 20, 2016
We could eat it once a week! Easy and delicious!
Mar 22, 2016
Surprisingly tasty given the lack of ingredients and seasoning! I used pork sausage and mix of fresh and jarred salsa. I wouldn't think twice about using only jarred in this recipe. Great weeknight meal when something fast is needed.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.