Southwest Kielbasa Bowls
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups uncooked instant brown rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked turkey kielbasa, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups fresh salsa
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- Fresh cilantro leaves, optional
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add kielbasa; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until browned. Stir in beans and salsa. Divide rice among four bowls. Top with kielbasa mixture, onion and, if desired, cilantro.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 454 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 1192mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 7g fiber), 26g protein.
Mar 26, 2018
My husband and I did not think we would like this, but it is surprisingly good for so few ingredients. Makes a healthy, quick supper.
Apr 20, 2016
We could eat it once a week! Easy and delicious!
Mar 22, 2016
Surprisingly tasty given the lack of ingredients and seasoning! I used pork sausage and mix of fresh and jarred salsa. I wouldn't think twice about using only jarred in this recipe. Great weeknight meal when something fast is needed.