Korean Sausage Bowl
When we hosted a student from South Korea, she shared some of her favorite Korean dishes. We especially like bibimbap. I created a variation on the dish with Italian sausage. —Michal Riege, Cedarburg, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Cook: 25 min.
- 1 package (19 ounces) Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup Korean barbecue sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 1 large egg
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- Additional sliced green onions, optional
- In a large bowl, toss sausage pieces with 1/2 cup barbecue sauce; refrigerate, covered, 4 hours.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat. Break egg into pan; cook until yolk is set, turning once. Remove from pan; cut into thin strips.
- In same pan, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add carrots and red pepper; cook and stir until crisp-tender. Stir in green onions, garlic and seasonings; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from pan.
- Drain sausage, discarding marinade. In same pan, cook and stir sausage until no longer pink, 12-15 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain, reserving 1/4 cup pasta water. Add pasta, pasta water, carrot mixture and remaining barbecue sauce to sausage. Toss to combine. Divide among four bowls; top with egg strips and, if desired, additional green onions.
Nutrition Facts1-3/4 cups: 672 calories, 39g fat (10g saturated fat), 119mg cholesterol, 1620mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 25g protein.
Originally published as Korean Sausage Bowl in tasteofhome.com
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.