Asian Chicken Rice Bowl
This super flavorful, nutrient-packed dish makes use of supermarket conveniences like coleslaw mix and rotisserie chicken. This recipe is easily doubled or tripled for large families. —Christianna Gozzi, Asteria, New York
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 green onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve brown rice
- 4 cups coleslaw mix (about 9 ounces)
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken, chilled
- 2 cups frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- For dressing, whisk together first seven ingredients. Cook rice according to package directions. Divide among four bowls.
- In a large bowl, toss coleslaw mix and chicken with half of the dressing. Serve edamame and slaw mixture over rice; drizzle with remaining dressing.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 429 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 616mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 5g fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Asian Chicken Brown Rice Bowl in Simple & Delicious August/September 2017