Asian Chicken Rice Bowl
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 green onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve brown rice
- 4 cups coleslaw mix (about 9 ounces)
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken, chilled
- 2 cups frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- For dressing, whisk together first 7 ingredients. Cook rice according to package directions. Divide among 4 bowls.
- In a large bowl, toss coleslaw mix and chicken with half of the dressing. Serve edamame and slaw mixture over rice; drizzle with remaining dressing.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 429 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 616mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 5g fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Apr 28, 2019
I usually have all of these ingredients in my refrigerator and pantry anyway. I have been trying to get flavor into my food with spices and seasonings, rather than fats and sugars. I don't care for brown rice, so I steamed some basmati rice, which I love! I did add on some crushed peanuts on top. I think what I like about this dish is the texture of the food, and ease of preparation, along with the flavors. Also, I added a few red pepper flakes to the dressing as I like a little bit of heat in my Asian food. This is a great recipe!
Jan 28, 2019
Really tasty-the dressing is delicious. Will definitely make again.
Jan 25, 2019
Enjoyable and easy to make once you have ingredients on hand. My hubby