Asian Chicken Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (5.9 ounces) chicken and garlic-flavored rice and vermicelli mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetable blend, thawed
- In a large skillet, saute rice mix in butter until golden brown. Stir in the chicken, water, teriyaki sauce, ginger and contents of rice seasoning packet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in vegetable blend. Cover and cook 5-8 minutes longer or until rice is tender and chicken is no longer pink.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 397 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 955mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 6g fiber), 31g protein.
Jun 8, 2013
Overall a really great recipe. It is a nice simply and quick meal. The only thing I would do differently is add less water and more ginger. I felt like all the water took most of the flavor away.
Feb 22, 2013
My family loves this recipe. I get the stir-fry vegetable blend with the teriyaki sauce mix and then I don't have to make the sauce, just add a little water.
Feb 1, 2012
Simple, fast, and delicious
Feb 1, 2012
Everyone in the family really liked this recipe and told me to put it in the "keeper" file! Thank you for sharing!
Jan 29, 2012
Easy and very tasty
Jan 21, 2012
Very Very Salty
Jan 18, 2012
Mar 26, 2011
I loved how easy this recipe was and how quick it was to make after a long day of work. The stir-fry blend I bought didn't have peppers so I added a few strips of red and yellow peppers for color. It was great as-is, but next time I may add just a bit more teriyaki sauce and ginger.
Feb 12, 2011
loved it! worked well with soy sauce instead of teriyaki
Jan 25, 2011
I really liked this recipe! I love how it used a Rice-A-Roni mix and added things to amp it up and make it taste 100% homemade. Very very tasty; great oriental flavor! I made this exactly like the recipe, but added a little crushed red pepper for some heat. Delicious!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.