Chicken Rice Bowl
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped frozen green pepper, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 package (9 ounces) ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook rice in broth according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the green pepper and onion in oil for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the chicken, corn, peas, basil and sage. Cook, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes over medium heat or until heated through. Stir in the rice, salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 239 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 914mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
May 25, 2015
I made 2 cups of rice (Just added enough water to the broth to make 2 cups), and added a few more vegetables just because we love rice. Very good and quick!
Jul 13, 2011
this was really good, my husband went back for seconds. The sage was a little overpowering. Next time I won't add so much sage.
Jan 8, 2011
Everyone took seconds!
Dec 11, 2010
This is a way simple recipe that is delicious! My daughter really loves it and she is a year and a half.
May 10, 2009
nice with soy sauce
Sep 2, 2008
Tasty! It was like a light version of fried rice sans the egg. I didn't have peas & carrots either; but it was flavorful even just with the onion/peppers.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.