Chicken Rice Bowl
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped frozen green pepper, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 package (9 ounces) ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook rice in broth according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the green pepper and onion in oil for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the chicken, corn, peas, basil and sage. Cook, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes over medium heat or until heated through. Stir in the rice, salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 239 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 914mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 25, 2015
I made 2 cups of rice (Just added enough water to the broth to make 2 cups), and added a few more vegetables just because we love rice. Very good and quick!
Jul 13, 2011
this was really good, my husband went back for seconds. The sage was a little overpowering. Next time I won't add so much sage.
Jan 8, 2011
Everyone took seconds!
Dec 11, 2010
This is a way simple recipe that is delicious! My daughter really loves it and she is a year and a half.
May 10, 2009
nice with soy sauce
Sep 2, 2008
Tasty! It was like a light version of fried rice sans the egg. I didn't have peas & carrots either; but it was flavorful even just with the onion/peppers.