Salty, savory sausage teams up with juicy, tangy pineapple for a winning combination that you can prep in a flash. The sweet barbecue-style sauce is a tasty way to tie them together.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 2 pounds smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup lemon-lime soda
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Place sausage in a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. Drain pineapple, reserving 3/4 cup juice; set pineapple aside. In a small bowl, whisk the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and vinegar. Stir in soda and reserved pineapple juice. Pour over sausage; stir to coat. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until heated through.
- Stir in pineapple. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir into slow cooker. Cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until sauce is thickened. Serve with toothpicks.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 289 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 975mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Hawaiian Kielbassa in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2012