Hawaiian Kielbasa Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 3 pounds smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 2 bottles (12 ounces each) chili sauce
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, undrained
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 12 hoagie buns, split
- Thinly sliced green onions, optional
- Place kielbasa in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the chili sauce, pineapple and brown sugar; pour over kielbasa. Cover and cook on low until heated through, 3-4 hours. Serve on buns. If desired, top with green onions.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 663 calories, 35g fat (12g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 2532mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein.
May 16, 2017
Made as directed and my family enjoyed it.
Oct 27, 2015
I made this last night and everyone enjoyed this recipe. I might change it just slightly next time by slicing the kielbasa in rings , frying them to add a little carmilaizatio. Before adding to the crockpot and serve as an appetizer. You could also use the little smokies in a pinch !Great overall and would make a wonderful party appetizer !!
Sep 2, 2012
Really good taste not to overpowering. Everyone enjoyed it
May 30, 2012
These were delicious and easy. I've even just made them in a skillet. Even my very picky daughter liked it.