Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Polish Kielbasa Sausage Rope, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. If desired, serve over rice.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 529 calories, 34g fat (13g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 2052mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 4, 2016
Delicious and super simple.
Oct 13, 2015
I made this as stated and then tasted it. It was too sweet for us, so I cut the sweetness with some vinegar and some red pepper flakes. It was perfect! Good economical recipe!
Aug 13, 2015
It ended up with strong hints of ketchup I couldn't shake, and the flavor was underwhelming. It actually took away from the yummy flavor of my kielbasa, which I fried to get a nice flavorful crmelization. The flavor was a little bland compared to most BBQ sauces. Won't make again.
Jul 18, 2015
Entire family loved it! Easy Peasy!!
Oct 21, 2014
A solid addition to any weeknight meal plan. This was easy to make and very good. I served it with peas and baked potatoes.
Oct 9, 2014
My husband and I enjoyed this but kids would not eat it. They are so picky. It was really easy to make!
Apr 7, 2014
My family loves this quick, easy meal. I use the full amount of sugar because my family loves sweet BBQ sauces.
Mar 25, 2014
Excellent meal and something different for a change! Cut the onion back to a minimal amount so my picky eaters would give it a try and used the upper end of the sugar. It worked, they all ate it (and that is very unusual in my house). Served it over rice with green beans on the side. Will make it again!
Mar 7, 2014
This was so good! I only used 1/3 cup sugar. We will definitely make this again.
Oct 9, 2012
I love how quick & easy this recipe is to make. I only used 1/3 cup of the brown sugar & it was perfect. I skipped the onions & served it with baked potatoes.