Cranberry Sauerkraut Meatballs
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen fully cooked homestyle meatballs, thawed
- Minced chives, optional
- In a 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the cranberry sauce, sauerkraut, chili sauce and brown sugar. Stir in meatballs. Cover and cook on low until heated through, 4-5 hours. If desired, top with chives to serve.
Nutrition Facts1 meatball with about 1 tablespoon sauce : 76 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 250mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Jan 17, 2016
I usually double everything in this recipe except the sauerkraut (I use only 14 oz) and these meatballs have become a family favorite. So easy to make.
Sep 15, 2015
Good and so easy.
Aug 6, 2014
These have an amazing taste! So easy and fast to prepare the crockpot........great for getting it in the crockpot before work. I use this as a dinner meat not just an appetizer.
Jan 3, 2014
Very tasty. If you don't like sauerkraut, don't let it deter you from trying these, you'll forget sauerkraut is even in there.
Jan 21, 2013
I've had this receipe for years. I make my own meatballs with ground turkey and it tastes great and a little healthier.
Nov 8, 2012
This recipe is simple, yet a great combination of ingredients. I took these to my job for our Halloween Potluck and they were a HUGE hit! Several people asked for the recipe. I didn?t change a thing to the recipe and there were no leftovers to bring home. Delish!
Jan 14, 2012
These are excellent. I knew when I read the recipe it would be a keeper and it is! I didn't change anything and they were a big hit.
Jan 9, 2012
Since 'stringy' sauerkraut seems to be an issue, has anyone tried putting it through a food processor before adding to sauce to have the flavor without the strings?
Jan 9, 2012
Jan 8, 2012
All those different flavors combine to make a great tasting dish!!